Thứ Năm, 26 tháng 11, 2015

INSPIRED BY 70S: MEET STAZ LINDES


Inspired by 70s: Meet Staz Lindes
The Californian beauty on why the Seventies (still) rock 
Inciting cheekbone envy worldwide, model and musician Staz Lindes comes by her talent and beauty honestly – her mom was a model in the sixties and her dad a professional musician.  With that kind of pedigree, it’s no wonder she’s got big ambition: she wants her band to be the girl version of either the Stooges or the Velvet Underground. Born in London but raised in LA, these days Staz is back and forth between east and west. She keeps an apartment in LA and lives with two fashion designers when she’s in New York.
What kind of music did you listen to growing up in LA?
My mom was from the London scene in the sixties, so she was a total Beatles supporter. My dad was the same but he pushed Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix. And I mean, when you’re in middle school, like junior high school, everybody starts getting into Nirvana and Sublime and all that West Coast stuff. I’ve seen X a bunch of times and they’re like an LA staple punk band, I’ve seen the New York Dolls, and Black Flag.
What do you think it is about the seventies that inspires you?
There was a whole later punk scene but it was just starting in the seventies. And even all the outfits at the time, like in Harlem, all those Puma shirts and the flares, all of that is so good. I feel like people took more risks then in a carefree way.
You said your mom was in London in the sixties and your dad’s a musician. Did they have really amazing style back then?
Yeah, so my mom was a model in the sixties and is really close friends with Twiggy since then. They used to go to all the parties together. She tells me that she used to go to Ringo’s parties and it all just sounds like a fantasy. Like I kind of hate hearing about it.  My dad was actually born in California. When he was twenty-one he left for London to pursue music and he actually ended up joining Dire Straits. He basically left with flowing seventies hair and flares and came back with a black leather jacket and everyone was like ‘Wow, you look different!’
How has living in New York influenced your style – aside from having to wear jackets in the winter?
Here’s a way it’s affected me: so many people wear black here or yoga outfits that it makes me want to wear something crazy. The other day I bought two pairs of eighties pantsuits in neon colors, just because I’d rather not look like everybody else. I’ve just always had that.
Having grown up in warm temperatures, how does the idea of winter inspire you? Do you feel like you get to dress a whole new way?
I’ve never really had to wear coats before. This winter I started wearing those really funny ski jackets that are neon colors. It’s bright pink and yellow and massive but it kept me so warm. And I’ve definitely developed a huge love for sweaters… striped sweaters and boots as well. It’s nice to have a challenge and change stuff up.
Thanks so much Staz.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét